Recently I was lucky enough to be selected to “win” a photo at a new blog I had just started visiting. Toni Johnson, in her Daily Vignette, held a Blog Anniversary Give Away. It was her way of thanking visitors for their views and comments. The lucky recipient (me) would receive an 8 x 10 image of their choice.
I chose this one. “Winter Tree” by Toni Johnson. And, this is what I said in my thank you to Toni.
“WINTER TREE” This is the image I pick for my “prize!” I love tree silhouettes and this is an especially nice one. I love black and white and the way this is processed. And, I love rural scenes. The mood of this piece takes me back to my childhood; fond memories of my grandparents farm.
And, in case you are wondering — “Through the Mist” was a close second in my deliberation!
Again, a huge Thank You!
Many blogs I visit are employing what is called “Pay It Forward.” My humble and simplistic interpretation of the concept is share a little joy with others; use one’s photography to make other people happy. But you can read here for a larger “take” on the topic.
So, here is what I’m going to do. I’m going to “Pay It Forward” by giving away, to one lucky blog viewer, one 8 x 10 image of their choice. Here’s how to enter:
- Visit my Smugmug account and leave a comment indicating the one image you would choose if you were selected, and tell “why” you would select that particular image. For this drawing, one entry (comment) per person, please. (EDIT: Please make sure you sign your name or indicate who is leaving the comment. After a bit, “guest” might get a little confusing. 🙂 )
- That’s it.
Here’s what I will do:
- As I approve the comments on Smugmug, I will assign a comment number. Using a random generator program, I will select one winning number from the total comments received (and approved*.) The deadline for entry is midnight (CST) Februrary 28, 2009.
- The winner will be announced March 1st or 2nd on my blog.
- I will email the winner to inform them of their selection and acquire their mailing address. I will order their desired image, sign it, and send it to the winner!
Hopefully this gesture will spread a little fun, anticipation, excitement, and pleasure while allowing me to “Pay It Forward” and say thanks to my blog visitors and friends. Have fun viewing the images on Smugmug and dreaming of which image you would enjoy owning! One lucky winner’s wish will come true!
* Spammers will not be approved. All others will!