I just keep finding more photos that I want to process and share from my visit to the special garden. I haven’t even begun to process some of the other flowers. I’m still working on roses.
Typically I am more of a “wildflower girl” and not all that fond of roses. But in this breathtaking setting, the roses just sparkled and shined, as if they were the “stars of the show.”
It didn’t matter if they were pink, peach, tea roses, or miniature roses. Each was a jewel. (You know, thinking back….I don’t think Mary had any red roses. Is that possible?)
Elegance and charm presided over each path and garden bed. The rose bed. The shade garden. The perennial bed. The cutting garden.
Please bear with me as I make an awkward transition. I need to switch gears momentarily and I can’t think of a clever way to do so.
I have an announcement for local readers of the blog.
Have you ever —
- wished you could get together with other local photographers to “talk shop?’
- wished you could learn more about photography by attending informative presentations?
- wished you get constructive feedback and comments on your photos?
- wished you could learn new tips and techniques to improve your photos or the processing of those photos?
- wished you could go on photo outings with other photographers?
- wished you could share what you know about photography with others?
Now you CAN fulfill those wishes (and perhaps even more) by joining a new group that is organizing in the Paducah/Purchase Area.
WHAT: A BRAND NEW Photography Group/Club (official name TBD)
WHEN: Organizational meeting Monday Sept 15th at 7:00 pm
(Meetings thereafter will be on the first Monday evening of each month.)
WHERE: McCracken County Public Library – Community Room, second floor
555 Washington Street
Paducah, KY 42003
Contact person: Sue Henry –
And….since I have started to have many regular visitors to this blog, I feel I should tell you that I will be “out of pocket” for approximately a week. I more than likely won’t be commenting on YOUR blogs or updating this blog. So, please….don’t forget about me! I’ll be back!!!
In the mean time, let’s keep looking for, and capturing, the beauty that surrounds us!